When it comes to botox, is an injectable drug mainly manufactured from type A botulinum toxin. By the bacterium clostridium botulinum, this toxin is produced. This is the same toxin causing botulism or simply a life-threatening food poisoning form. Its effect might vary according to the exposure type and amount. For instance, Botox is injected only in targeted and small doses. Signals from nerves to muscles be blocked when botox poison is injected. The targeted muscles from contraction are prevented, which can ease muscular conditions and wrinkles, and the line’s appearance is improved.
- Before the usage of this medication, just tell the pharmacist or doctor if there is an allergy to it or any other kind of allergies. Inactive ingredients might comprise in this product like in some products the cow’s milk protein is found. It results in other problems like allergic reactions, and thus, for more details talk to the pharmacist.
- Before the usage of this medication, medical history should be given to the doctor especially eye surgery, heart disease, bleeding problems, diabetes, certain eye problem like glaucoma, urinary tract infection, seizures, infection signs near the injection site, trouble swallowing like dysphagia, nerve/muscle disorders like myasthenia gravis, Lou Gehrig’s disease-als), inability to urinate, breathing problems like emphysema, asthma, pneumonia of aspiration type and treatment along with any botulinum toxin product mainly in the last 4 months.
- This medication might cause droopy eyelids, blurred vision, or weakness. Do not use machinery, drive or do any activity requiring clear vision or alertness until the person is sure that these activities can be performed safely. Also, alcoholic beverages are limited.
- Before having surgery, just tell the dentist or doctor that botox medication is currently in use.
The botox cosmetic works by blocking temporarily the muscle contractions and nerve signals. The wrinkle’s appearance is improved between the eyebrows and around the eye. Also, it can slow the formation of the new line by facial muscle contraction prevention.
Minimally, it is an invasive procedure. It fails to involve general or incision anesthesia. If someone is concerned about related discomfort or pain, an ice or topical anesthetic can numb the area of treatment.
During this procedure, the provider might use a thin needle for administering 3-5 botulinum toxin type A injections. Between the eyebrows, they will inject the targeted area. There is generally a need for three injections on each eye side to smooth out the feet of the crow.
The injectable cosmetically can be used mainly in the following areas:
Between the eyebrows area namely, the glabellar region for treating moderate to severe lines of frown around the eyes usually referred to as crow’s feet lines.
Also, botox receive FDA approval mainly for treating several medical problems comprising:
- Lower limb spasticity.
- Overactive bladder.
- Chronic migraines.
- Excessive underarm sweating.
It can be concluded that this medication is offered through injection by an experienced professional in health care. Into the affected muscles, it is injected when treating wrinkles, muscle spasms, stiffness, and eye disorders.